Living in Pittsburgh
Whether you are moving to Pittsburgh for a new job, to pursue an education, or for family reasons, you're making a smart choice. The Pittsburgh region offers a competitive cost of living, lower, in fact than other major cities like Boston, San Francisco and New York. Our region is also safer than other cities of similar size such as Atlanta, Baltimore and Phoenix. And Pittsburgh is cool. How Cool? Well how about a city that produced the first Big Mac, Banana Split, Bingo game and Radio broadcast as well as notables like Gene Kelly, Christina Aguilera, Mister Rogers, Andy Warhol and Sharon Stone among others. The Pittsburgh region has also received numerous accolades for it's high quality of life.
Here are just a few:
- Third Best City for Business - Fortune Magazine
- Ranked #1 Most Liveable City by Places Rated Almanac in 1985; in the 2000 edition Pittsburgh ranked 12th.
- Pittsburgh International Airport Ranks # 1 in the United States by Plog Research and #4 in the world by Conde Naste Traveler.
- Fifth best city to raise a family - Reader's Digest Magazine
- Pittsburgh is one of the 13 hottest high-tech centers in the United States.
- BIKE Magazine ranks Pittsburgh 5th best place to live and ride.
With so many unique communities in the Pittsburgh region, it can no doubt be a challenging decision to select just the right one. A Presenting Pittsburgh counselor can help you start to think about communities that make sense for you and/or your family based on your lifestyle preferences, public or private school needs, preferred housing styles or desired commute times.
Start by viewing our handy "Selecting a Neighborhood" Checklist.